Help Dakota find a new home

Teresa

Hi Everyone,

I've raised Dakota since she was a puppy and she a wonderful, loving dog. I am trying to find her a new forever home and figured I'd reach out to all of you for support. If you know of anyone looking for a new best friend, please feel free to direct them to Dakota's adoption page at http://austindogalliance.org/adopt/available-dogs/.

Since she is special needs, I am paying for her to attend training at Triple Crown Academy in the hopes that this will make her more appealing to potential adopters. Of course, this costs a lot of money. I just started a donation page to help raise enough money for her to receive the specialized training she needs as a dog handicapped by a loss of hearing (we believe she was born deaf). Please visit the page, share it with others and make a donation if possible: http://www.gofundme.com/dakota.

Thanks for taking the time to read this message :). I'm always humbled by the amount of support and care granted by ARC members.

Teresa

post-1201-0-78585000-1309584457_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck Theresa. I've got a beautiful female Rotti here that was returned last year. She's an older girl that cost me over $2,000 with ear infections and a torn knee. I am trying hard to find her a forever home. She doesn't like dogs unless they are Rotts...EXCEPT she likes our Pekingese. She's crated way too much because she can't be with the rest of the pack due to these issues. I have a male with the same issues, but have a friend that practically helped raised him and she's going to try to take him...she actually asked if she could when she was in a better position to. I need to get my numbers down badly. I had another small mix returned after 6 1/2yrs. Spent $400 at the vet the next day because of an injury she had before I got her. I have EIGHT here...lordy. If I can at least get the ones that can't be together into forever homes, I'll have a major weight off my shoulders.

I'll keep my ears open for you. If you come across anyone wanting an older, stubborn, but beautiful and very people oriented female Rotti, send them my way.

Dena

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dena,

Thank you so much for your message! I've visited your site a few times and have complete admiration for the work you do. Dakota is a 5 year old Australian Shephard/Heeler mix and is only 35 lbs. She is such a love bug. We have been playing and cuddling every day since I brought her home from her in-kennel training session at Triple Crown Academy. I'm still working with Austin Dog Alliance in the hopes of finding her a perfect forever home. I wish you the best with your rescue organization and I'm glad to find other dog lovers on this forum.

My best,

Teresa

http://austindogalli...available-dogs/

http://www.gofundme.com/dakota

Dakota smile2.bmp

• 1 month later...

I'm still looking for the best forever home for my girl. I love her dearly and was able to get her the wonderful training she deserves. She is now obedience trained, still sweet and loving, and ready to be someone's new best friend. In fact, I think she would be the perfect fit for a family with a special needs child. She is the easiest dog to care for (no bad habits, light to medium exercise needs), she loves to be pet, gives lots of kisses and is able to remain calm in a persons presence for an extended amount of time. A special needs child would also be able to relate to Dakota's special needs (she's deaf) and use her as a model of love and perserverance. If you know of anyone that might be interested please let me know.

Thanks ARC family!