Feeding with an overflow

Mindflux

What do you folks do in regards to your overflow? Whenever I feed NLS pellets they all seem to go right down the overflow even with my MP10 in NTM which should randomize the water column enough to prevent this. (I'd think?)

All I'm doing is adding phosphates to my tank before my fish ever get them when I feed the NLS pellets (WHICH ARE SUPPOSED TO SINK) so this is no good.

Yeah that bugs me too. Since my overflow is in the back right, I turn off the circulation pumps for a few minutes and mostly feed at the front left, opposite corner. Works pretty well.

When I feed pellets I just make sure to get the pellets good and soaked before I remove the implement (either my thumb and forefinger or a plastic measuring spoon) from the tank. I.e., rather than sprinkle them on top of the water, I actually put my fingers in by about an inch and release the pellets slowly. A few pellets might go down the overflow but most make it down to the fish. I have filter floss right behind the overflow (it's an NC24) anyway so I can reintroduce or toss any pellets that get caught in there.