Current USA LED Pro Strip Lighting

Wildman926

I purchased these strips, for both my 110g (48x18x31) and 80g (39x21x25). I put them on and what a difference from the T5 HO's. Beautiful color! I purchased the 12k and Fusion. I liked it so much, I tested adding the 36" with the 48" on the 110, and I was VERY impressed to say the least. I already have 4 more strips coming, both 36" and 48", two a piece, 12K and a 453nm Deep Water. Here are some pics of my 110g after only running since mid May -

48" FUSION AND 12K ONLY-

d7086ba6.jpg

BOTH 48" AND 36" -

a126897c.jpg

689952d1.jpg

e0f001f2.jpg

df149d89.jpg

1ef5dd30.jpg

980e1a02.jpg

Here are pics of the two 36" LED Pro strips, LED Strips with a Nova Extreme T5 HO, and a standard Coralife T5 on the 80g. IMHO, each strip is as "bright" as a single T5 HO bulb. This tank has been running since April. Here are the pics -

LED Pro only -

CurrentLEDProonly.jpg

248535a7.jpg

LED Pro/T5 HO -

CurrentLEDProT5HO.jpg

80170e02.jpg

LED Pro/Coralife STANDARD T5

ledprocoralifefront.jpg

ledprocoralifebottom.jpg

What a beautiful tank! I am currently looking into changing my lights to LED. Just curious where did you get yours?

Thank you very much. I got these at Saltwateraquarium.com. He is a friend, and best prices, low shipping costs ($8.99). I can't wait to get the other strips of 12k and Deep Water 453nm. I wanted to show pics to demonstrate the brightness and color. And this is with an Iphone to boot.

• 2 months later...

Nice looking tank! Good luck with the gonipora though. I've never seen one survive long term in an aquarium.

Thank you. He is just just blowing up like crazy. Since I have had him, he has many new small "polyps" or stems that are growing out. He was in my 110g, and I just placed him in this 80g just a few days before this pic. I really like the purple tipped pink plate coral.

Nice looking tank! Good luck with the gonipora though. I've never seen one survive long term in an aquarium.

Thank you. He is just just blowing up like crazy. Since I have had him, he has many new small "polyps" or stems that are growing out. He was in my 110g, and I just placed him in this 80g just a few days before this pic. I really like the purple tipped pink plate coral.

How long have you had it? Feeding them seems to be the problem - they come from sand/muddy surfaces in very murky high nutrient waters and I'm told they have a hard time getting enough food in our tanks. I have heard of one or two lasting long term but I believe they were being target fed. I've tried them twice and both lasted around 6 months. I tried target feeding the 2nd but didn't have much luck.