Simple ATO

Wildman926

Here is a simple gravity fed ATO. I used an Eclipse 6 tank housing only, had a plastic lid cut for it, installed a John Guess valve 1/4" x 3/8", 1/4" tubing, and an Eshopps float valve. I made the stand (over did it), and painted it with Kilze oil base, and made sure it was at least 2" above the valve for the gravity affect. Only one line on the sump for quick reference now (old pic), and keeps the sump perfectly stable in water height. Just make sure you adjust the valve to a drip affect, just to help in case anything happens.

ATO.jpg

80sump.jpg

Very nice. Did you make the float valve holder, or is this something that can be purchased? Thanks for sharing!

Actually, it is all one item from Eshopps, their float valve. Just make sure you set your valve on the container to just drip. The L bracket that the float valve sits on will come apart and you can just use super glue to repair it. I have had this happen to me, and read this at Foster and Smith in the reviews. Easy fix to do once you get it before you put it to use. Other than that, it is a very nice unit. I have two of them, one on an 80, and another on a 110.

lg-70397-48814-fish.jpg

• 3 months later...