I found a featherduster!

KarenM

I found at least one tiny little featherduster in my green hammer. There are 3 holes in the "stem", and when it retracts it's arms when the lights are off I can see the little FD popping it's feathers out. There is either one and it pops out of random holes, or there are 2. At least I think that's what it is, unless it's something else.

The feathers are only about 1/2" long and very sparse. How long does it take them to grow and fill out?

Depends on the type of feather duster and how much you feed. Before I upgraded my skimmer my tank was almost over run with quarter sized FDs. That was as big as they got but they spread quickly. Now that I have lowered my nutrients they are all gone.

lol I have a bunch of those tiny green ones that showed up in my live rock, they multiply quickly! But are easy enough to control if they get out of hand... I really like mine ^_^

-Kat

lol I have a bunch of those tiny green ones that showed up in my live rock, they multiply quickly! But are easy enough to control if they get out of hand... I really like mine ^_^

-Kat

Ever thought about giving some away? ^_^