Flow Rate?

Jessie

What overflow are you using?

You need to match the pump to the overflow. So, if the OF is rated at say, 300GPH, you'll need a pump that can push that much at the head height you listed.

I believe Marine Depot has a chart that lists various pumps and flows. Lemme look...brb...yup, found it.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?category=Danner_Mag_Drive_Supreme_Water_Pump_Up_to_500_Gallons_Per_Hour_Submersible_Water_Pumps&vendor=Danner_Mfg.&idProduct=DN1111&IdCategory=FIWPSBUF&tab=1

That said, have you considered other pumps such as Eheim? I know the mags are cheaper but they also run warm. I've not compared electrical usage but that is another spec to look at.

What overflow are you using?

You need to match the pump to the overflow. So, if the OF is rated at say, 300GPH, you'll need a pump that can push that much at the head height you listed.

I believe Marine Depot has a chart that lists various pumps and flows. Lemme look...brb...yup, found it.

http://www.marinedep...=FIWPSBUF&tab=1

That said, have you considered other pumps such as Eheim? I know the mags are cheaper but they also run warm. I've not compared electrical usage but that is another spec to look at.

thanks rob, that actually makes sense. ill start there then work my way forward. I have a small chiller so the heat is no big deal.

woah! you moved waaayyyy south. you never got to see my rock wall! how did the move go? my tank is awesome! everything is going as planned. i have 1 fish in there right now. rock wall is the way to go. i love the openness of the tank. 72g would be awesome to have that done to

Robb makes great points.

Just be careful not to get a return pump equal to or too close to the drain flow rate. You don't want to worry that something small slows the drain down a little and you have a situation where you are pumping more than you can drain. Leave a little room for error in there.

Robb makes great points.

Just be careful not to get a return pump equal to or too close to the drain flow rate. You don't want to worry that something small slows the drain down a little and you have a situation where you are pumping more than you can drain. Leave a little room for error in there.

+1

yea i was looking at it backwards.

i should be good with a mag 3 or 5.

woah! you moved waaayyyy south. you never got to see my rock wall! how did the move go? my tank is awesome! everything is going as planned. i have 1 fish in there right now. rock wall is the way to go. i love the openness of the tank. 72g would be awesome to have that done to

yea i aquadome isnt the same as RC ;-( lol

if he decides to do the rock wall ill have him hit you up