Can you ID this Coral?

aeroaustin

Howdy,

I just acquitted the 50 plus Lbs live rock from MAAST. Few days I noticed there are corals grows. I tried to figure it out what is name of this coral, no luck name for identify the coral.

There are suppose to be 6 corals but I have problem to take picture with angle. unforuntaely the picture came blurr. So far four are taken by camera.

The blue coral , I took the picture and tday I find other two small coral next to Blue, I tried to take picture.

post-152-1180668589.jpg

post-152-1180668608.jpg

post-152-1180668623.jpg

post-152-1180668644.jpg

blue one is a blue tonga mushroom, the second pic shows zoathids, and the last two pics are mejano anemones (most people consider them pests)

Thanks, How I can remove blue tonga mushroom and move to other place because tank's water movement is 2,400 gph in 75 gallon tank, I read that blue tonga mushroom needs low water movement.

Two Mejano Anemones, kill with Joe's juice or chemical like asptiais? ( I had blue life Aspitais control )

Just cut the mushroom off the rock with a razor blade. Then tie it some how to where you want it to stay. We use a needle and thread and sew through the foot and the around the rock. It is actually kind of fun. We do it all the time at the house. I would say we have about a 75% survival rate.

Thanks Ace for the ID on those mejano anemones. We have two and I think they are super cool.

I have a major problem with Mojanos. They are pretty but they spread rapidly! Kill them while there are only a couple. I tried Joe's juice with mixed results. I just have so many of them now that I am in a losing battle.

I have a major problem with Mojanos. They are pretty but they spread rapidly! Kill them while there are only a couple. I tried Joe's juice with mixed results. I just have so many of them now that I am in a losing battle.

Really, will be problem for long time? I just put live Rock last two weeks ago. Best to remove right now? Will be work with pry it out with tweezer or razor knife? other way to remove it. I haven't try with aspitais control bottle yet, one thing I hate that chemical because have to pull the powerhead off for an hour to give the chemical settle down.

Just cut the mushroom off the rock with a razor blade. Then tie it some how to where you want it to stay. We use a needle and thread and sew through the foot and the around the rock. It is actually kind of fun. We do it all the time at the house. I would say we have about a 75% survival rate.

Where I can find any sample or any instruction about " how to frag or how to move the coral " This is my first time. or maybe you can help me with that?

we will start to collect SPS, LPS and soft corals. NOT OVER POPULATION ^_^

Remove the mushroom by scraping the rock where the base is attached, then move it to an appropriate place. You can eliminate the Majano by injecting them with the Alk part or B-Ionic or something similar, staight up calcium will work also.