Does anyone use...

offroadodge

So thinkn about making a big purchase and wanted to see if anyone has used or is using the Tunze 7096 controller and 6105 powerheads? This is the kit im thinkn of buying and wanted to know from users if they like them. Is the controller easy to program etc....

ya Mark and I talked for awhile, I want to be able to controll the pumps. I DONT wanna buy another controller I.E. APEX, NEPTUNE,DA etc. with the Vorteks i would have to cause they only come with 3 adjustments unless u have them hookd to a controller. With the 7096 and 6105s i know im buying a controller but its not $600s. I like the reefkeeper i have but it is full. I thnk i will have to go with the Tunzes. Also the only access i have is the back of the tank, the sides arent accessible.(inwall).

ya Mark and I talked for awhile, I want to be able to controll the pumps. I DONT wanna buy another controller I.E. APEX, NEPTUNE,DA etc. with the Vorteks i would have to cause they only come with 3 adjustments unless u have them hookd to a controller. With the 7096 and 6105s i know im buying a controller but its not $600s. I like the reefkeeper i have but it is full. I thnk i will have to go with the Tunzes. Also the only access i have is the back of the tank, the sides arent accessible.(inwall).

The vortecs actually have 8 modes with or without a controller.

W/out a controller (apex or profilux) to control them, you would lose the capabilities w/ the vortecs to have different modes run @ different times w/out manually adjusting them. You could still access all the modes w/out the controller though.

The Tunzes w/their controller would let you setup a custom program much like the vortecs, but from what I gather from the instructions, it doesn't support different modes at different times of the day. It does have a night mode, but that is activated by an photo sensing cell.

Of course, if you had an Apex, you could setup custom modes for different times of the day with the Tunze's or the Vortecs too... wink.gif

Tunze grants storm mode at any set timer you like(time of the day x days a week)

Right, but it doesn't appear that it will let you run the pumps @ different settings at certain times of the day. Say like this:

- 2pm: Pump 1: 50%, Pump 2: 25%

- 6p: Pump 1: 20%, Pump 2: 20%

- 11p: Pump 1: 100%, Pump 2: 90%

etc

Thats correct, however for many of us, we do not have a need for 3 different timers.

No one needs any of this stuff. A powerhead that is on 24hrs/day at constant power will grow a nice reef.

I's all the toys/gadgets/stuff we want that gets us excited.

I have both pumps, tunze 6105 with 7096 and the vortech. I can say hands down go with the tunze. The vortech are nice, they have a small foot print and thats about it.

My reasons

1. Tunze is local so parts are easy to come by

2. Pumps are multi directional, not so with the vortech

3. With the vortech the wetside repair kit is ****. Does not work. Mine wet side went out after 2 yrs. $50 for a new wet side.

4. The 7096 makes the pumps fully adjustable. I have mine set up in interval. One pump is on with varying speed for 6 hrs. After 6 hrs the other one kicks in and the first one cuts off. I have the set for storm mode once a week for 2 hrs to stir up any detritus.

5. Tunze 7096 hooks up to your computer via usb for programing. You can save your program and change it as needed.

For a reef tank I think you get a better bang for the buck. The controller can also control your wave box.

You are welcome to come over and look at my setup.