400G set up. Not much needed

caferacermike

LEAVING THE HOBBY

So I've decided that these days motorbikes are way more important to me than reefing. With the house still shifting and my reluctance to get the foundation thing fixed, I've decided to see if anyone in town wants a really big tank. I've never been able to enjoy it set up due to the foundation issue.

I am being lazy, and honest at least, I don't have any pictures of the items at this point. I can certainly post for someone with enough interest. Of course at this point I want to list this as a package deal. Not going to break it up and part out. I will let the sale ride for 6 months before parting out, so I'm kinda saying don't even bother asking.

A partial listing,

380g acrylic tank 84"L x 34"T x 30"W, 2 corner overflows.

matching Oak stand and canopy

approximately 400lbs NIB Caribsea aragonite

approximately 300-400 lbs of dry reef rock "Caribsea reef bones" before they dropped dry rock. about 7 large leaf bags full.

NIB Tunze wave box with the extra heavy magnet mounts for 3/4" and up glass.

NIB Reef Keeper with PH probe, DC8 controller and other bits

Euroreef CS12-5x4RC upgraded to SPE5 Eheim 1262 needle wheel pumps (upgrade alone is $1,600), This was a $3,000 skimmer before upgrading to the SPE5 pumps. Think closer to $5,000 delivered ready to run. This really is the largest skimmer you will see in someone's home. You will laugh when people say "my new huuuuuuuge skimmer".

Reeflo Dart pump NIB

1/2 HP inline chiller with digital controls built in. Used but in great shape.

custom built acrylic sump. This takes up most of the space in the stand and is about 150g.

A handful of used but working Ice Cap ballasts. 2 660 ballasts and 1 250w MH. 1 660 will need a harness. I don't have anything for the lighting of this tank. I was planning on using natural sunlight for this project as was shown in previous threads.

Magnavor Great White algae cleaner.

A full set of Novus cleaners (3 bottles of different compounds) for acrylic and felt cleaning pads.

The tank looked great when last set up. I have decided I want to buy more Ducati's instead. I will take into serious consideration for trades containing Ducati Motorcycles. A partial plus cash trade would include a clean M620 or M750 Monster for the Misses, a super clean 900SS pre 99, small displacement bevel, or a Super Light. Straight trades would be for an 848, 06 Sport Classic 1,000DS (with Termi or Zard), S2, or S4.

Asking price is $8,000. This is a number I'm tossing out do to the "rules" of the site. I will consider offers. I'm not in a hurry to sell, so don't think I'll be giving it away. I can help with delivery. For my asking price I will deliver from Round Rock (central) to San Antonio (South), Dallas (North), Houston (East) and not sure how far West I'll go. For less, you will have to transport it yourself. I would consider a finance option with half of negotiated price down and options for recovery in the event of....

A few searches containing key words and my user name will bring up some pictures of the tank and skimmer.

Once set up and running, I will help hook you up with corals and fish both from my current tank and other cost saving "alternatives".

Mike.

Bozak, Steve right?, you really should swing by sometime just to look at it. You may be surprised when you see how well the dimensions work together. You might change your mind. I'm willing to work with you and negotiate a fair price. You'd probably be surprised at what we could work out. Unless you've moved, I know you could fit this right in your entryway.

Yes MV, lol, in house financing.

Hey Mike,

I double checked our dimensions and it looks like I could go is 24 inches deep if that. I had a 24 inch deep 240 and sold it cause the wife thought it was sticking out too much in the entry way. She doesn't careif I go 8-10 feet long on a tank since we have that long entry but is sticking by her guns on the depth. For me I am ok with it as a longer take would prob look kick *** but boy the $$$$$$$.

Then again if you come across an old Norton or Guzzi let me know ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bozack not sure why you'd want either but I have old Norton's and I have access to a few T3 Lemans if you are serious. I'm in the mood to sell my Commando. I just installed a Steve Maney belt drive and it's sweet as candy.

I've had an offer on the tank. This is a last chance warning to anyone thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...