Freshwater Dipping

Myvirtue

in about a week or so im going to transfer my fish to my new tank... About 5 weeks ago a couple of the fish had iche and i treated it and it went away.... they have been in a quaratine tank for almost 6 weeks. Everything seems clear. I want to make sure they dont bring anything over to the new tank. Can i do like a 5 min freshwater dip or maybe a low salinity dip? I know freshwater dip would cause more stress but would it be more beneficial in the long run? I've never done freshwater dip but i have noticed customers at fish stores request it before they purchase a fish. Any Ideas?

Yea the only time I know of fish catching ich is when they bring it home with them from the pet store, have very poor water conditions, or when the tank is over crowded. Then again I have never had ich in any of my saltwater tanks, just one of my freshwater tanks a few years ago. I agree that the freshwater dip is very cruel. Think about why you aclamate your fish in the fist place.

Edited by Eel Keeper