Question for the masses

Robb in Austin

Howdy all!

It looks like we will be getting the foundation repaired in the next few months. As such, the 2 FW tanks and lowly 58 SW will come down(yes Chris/Mike/Mark, that means even more of a delay on the 75 upgrade) since they will need to place pilings inside the house(which means dust everywhere).

What are the suggestions for taking tanks down for the better part of a month? Rough guess on the time frame here; reapair/flooring repair, any other inside repairs, etc.

Initially, dunno. Depends on the cost and what will need to be fixed due to the foundation being fixed, e.g. plumbing, sheetrock repairs, floor repair/replacing.

Foundation needs to be fixed before other things can be fixed. We need new siding, windows, and our ghetto patio cover redone. Not to mention any upgrades that SWMBO might want to have.

Is it a concrete slab? Are you sure you would have to take the tank down? I have a few years of contruction exerience and unless I'm missing something they should be able to level a concrete foundation with the tanks there,unless they will be in the way. The jacks they use to lift the slab wouldn't be effected by the weight of the tanks. I'm sure that you already thought to ask them, I just wanted to mention just in case.

Yeah, it's a slab.

Not worried about the weight of the tanks. They are probably going to have to place some piers inside, which means tearing out flooring, lots of dust/dirt etc. I also have some concern about the tanks structural integrity during the lift.

They are coming out tomorrow for the eval, I'll be sure to ask about it.