Aiptastia Eating Bristletail Filefish

Derek

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would think that would be a tad risky to introduce to your reef. I would get some peps from someone that has visited the coast lately. My rate of success with Texas peps is 100%.

I have a few peppermint shrimp in my tank that I just got a week or so ago. The only issue is that I have a marine beta, two hawkfish, and a large wrasse. If the peppermints stray too far off the rocks they get munched. Maybe they will be come nocturnal peppermints that feast on aptaistia at night.

Kalk.

There was no spot to vote for kalk paste. Has NEVER failed me. If'n you want I can come by Thurs or Fri evening to help you kill them off and show you the procedure. I generally aim for 3 doses. Each dose kills whatever it touches but I don't like that much Kalk sitting in a tnak if it is a large infestation. I have 4 1/2 gallons of Kalk powder so I promise we will win.

I agree boiling kalk paste works extremely well, but if you can find a peppermint shrimp that will eat them then that is much easier. I don't know if this helps you at all, but mine only come out at night. I never see them unless I get out the red light and start looking.

Not sure why no one wants to use a copperband butterfly. I have owned three and all of them have kept my tanks completely clear. There is a small risk of coral nipping, but if you feed them, not a problem. I had one that lived for 4 years plus and a second one I've had for almost two years. And hey, pretty to look at and not very expensive.

Not sure why no one wants to use a copperband butterfly. I have owned three and all of them have kept my tanks completely clear. There is a small risk of coral nipping, but if you feed them, not a problem. I had one that lived for 4 years plus and a second one I've had for almost two years. And hey, pretty to look at and not very expensive.

I love copperband butterflies. I have been trying to get one, but they keep dying on me. I may get one from LiveAquaria or Vivid in a few weeks. I need to wait and see what my Queen's Angel does. She is a little under the weather.

Kalk.

There was no spot to vote for kalk paste. Has NEVER failed me. If'n you want I can come by Thurs or Fri evening to help you kill them off and show you the procedure. I generally aim for 3 doses. Each dose kills whatever it touches but I don't like that much Kalk sitting in a tnak if it is a large infestation. I have 4 1/2 gallons of Kalk powder so I promise we will win.

I may have to take you up on the offer if the peppermints don't start doing their job. I'll wait a week or two and see what happens.

Derek,

its very important you get the right type of pep. Often the ones available to us are not the variety you need. When I get home I will send you pics that will help you identify what type you have. Also, mine only come out at night. That is when they naturally come out in nature as well.

N