Lighting Schedule

Jessie

VHOs on at 11:40am, (4) T5s on at 11:50am, (4) T5s on at 12:00 noon, MHs on at 4:40, MHs off at 8:40pm, (4) T5s off at 9:20pm, (4)T5s off at 9:30pm, VHOs off at 9:40pm, LED moonlights on at 9:40pm till 12:00midnight. DARKNESS till the next morning at 11:40am. Basically 12 hrs of daylight and 12 hrs of darkness.

Yikes, that seems like a lot. Do you run your actinic's and your MH's at the same time or on different schedules?

MH 14 hrs a day baby!

Corals are from near the equator so I assume 12 hrs of light is common for them. So I have one bulb turn on at a time for 1 hr, all are on for 12 hrs and then they turn off one for an hour. Yes this is excessive b/c they don't get pounded with light for 12hrs a day on the reef like the do in my tank. I really wish I knew for sure what the best amount of time was b/c that's what I would do. But in my business power=flower, so I'm applying that to my coral. It works for me I think, good growth, good color, nothing seems to be stressed b/c of it.

DISCLAIMER....THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS, I CAN'T ARGUE WETHER THEY ARE RIGHT OR WRONG!

some people leave their LED's on all night to simulate moonlight. Do you think this is a good idea?

it won't hurt. Any benefits are arguable. They are really there so you can see any night critters moving around.

And a whole handful of things that arent "Just to see the critters" If the heat wasnt an issue I'd run my MHs for longer but just cant do it. Unless someone wants to donate a BIGGER chiller...LOL