Vortech MP40W ES

medi

I recently picked up a Tunze wavebox so I don't need my Vortech MP40W EcoSmart any longer. The motor and wet side are approx. one year old, and the driver and power supply are just over two months. Everything runs great. I'm looking for $325.

Pending big_pun.

In regards to why I am switching it is straight up a cost thing. I love the versitility and looks of the Vortech, but I was still getting dead spots in my tank so I was going to need to buy a few new pumps anyhow. I bought my wavebox used for $200 and with the difference I'll be able to buy the pumps that I need to fix my dead spots. Hopefully with the wavebox I won't have any deadspots, but I don't think that is very likely. So far I am very impressed with the wavebox. I have a 100G 36x37x18 tank and I was able to tune it to get about a 2 inch wave rocking around my tank. As far as which one you should buy.....I really think they are two totally different items. If you want an awesome wave then I would go with the Tunze, but if you just want all around awesome versatility and flow with maybe just a little wave then I would go with the Vortech. Hope maybe this helps some.