Stand & Hood for 48" Tank - SOLD!

PeeperKeeper

This was built by Dave (Prof here on ARC) with his usual excellent workmanship. Joints are tight and it is a really nice set. The reason I'm selling it after less than a year is I didn't realize when I had him build it that I would be moving my office. In the new place, I built my tank into a wall.

I finished it myself with a "distressed look" on medium darkness stain. The inside is sealed with multiple coats of white latex to reflect light and protect the wood from water/salt damage. The outside is sealed with at least 5 coats of polyurethane. I'm pretty proud of it if I do say so myself.

Here's what it looked like when it was set up in my office. Oh actually, this pic was taken before the little trim piece on top was stained.

post-28-031143500 1283031567_thumb.jpg

The way the hood is built, it holds two metal halide pendant fixtures so that the top half of the fixture (where the vents are) is outside the hood to cut down on heat inside the hood. There is a trim piece that hides the exposed tops of the lights. In addition to the two MH's, it will also hold four 48" T5's, PLENTY of light for an SPS tank.

post-28-036960200 1283031791_thumb.jpg

There are also holes drilled to hold two fans. I didn't have a chiller on this tank and it stayed between 78F and 80F almost all the time, unless someone knocked the A/C too far back. Lights are not included.

post-28-012804900 1283031832_thumb.jpg

The front of the hood is also hinged so you can open it to feed fish or do a simple water change without opening the whole top.

post-28-097685200 1283031907_thumb.jpg

The stand has large doors on the front for easy access to sump, etc.. I asked him to make them as large as possible because that was one of the problems I had with my old stand. There is a hole drilled in the back right corner for a drilled overflow tank.

post-28-058003600 1283032189_thumb.jpg

$300 for both stand and hood. If interested, send me a PM to establish the order of who asked first, but also call me at 512 964-2015. I generally don't like posting my phone number on the internet, but I am terrible about forgetting to check my PM's here when I have something for sale. Pick up would be from my house in Georgetown (Parmer/2243 area) or if needed I could take it to my office in North Austin.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a really really nice stand and canopy. I should know, I was there when it was built. $300 is probably about what the raw materials would cost you. Everything that was used to build it was furniture grade.

Bump for a very nice stand. I would grab it myself if it did not involve draining my tnak and having to reset it all back up.