rabbitfish acting weired

Myvirtue

since last night, my rabbitfish has a big buldge in his stomach area and hes moving around kinda slow. there any deseases that cause that? or did i overfeed and hes constipated? i really like this guy. its a scribbled rabbitfish. the other fish dont look like that.

Could be that he is just full. If he's swimming normally, good coloration, no signs of troubled breathing, etc. then you should be okay. If you could, though, post a picture up of him with his bloated belly. If its abnormally big, there might be another issue.

yah hes not swimming much, hes usually all over the place and now hes chilling. the other fish are staying right next to him. maybe to comfort it i dont know. ill try to get a better pic. its hard to judge his color. I noticed he changes color really easily. if i come to the tank he always turns to a darker color. like hes trying to match his surroundings

post-1502-001648900 1281987598_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myvirtue

I second that he is probably going to be ok. As long as he keeps swimming, eating, and no rapid gill movement. Usually one of the first thing a sick fish does is stop eating. Just keep your eye on him.

My rabbitfish does this frequently.. I often cycle rocks from my small tank into my big tank to let him eat the overgrowing macroalgae, he'll strip the rock clean in a matter of hours, then swim around bloated for a while, then be back at his algae clip begging for more within a day. As long as he's eating, moving like normal, not hiding or showing stress colors he should be ok.