Snakes

Dena

I need to rehome some of my critters to save some time and money, and I'm going to start with a couple of my snakes. I do not want to do this, but I also rescue dogs and will take any dog I adopt out back if needed. I've gotten a number back over the past two years due to the economy, and have been lucky to place most of them a second time. This week I took back another, but not for money reasons. My adopter basically abandoned her. My husband had to leave work and drive to Houston to get her from a vet clinic that found her. She's severely overweight and has a serious back injury that is causing tremendous pain. This same adopter has another of my dogs and I am demanding him back as well, but this will bring me up to 10 dogs and that is a lot more money needed for dog food!

I'm going to start off with two of my snakes. I will post photos later.

1 1/2yr old Red Albino Corn Snake named Coralee. She's about 1 1/2 feet long, but not even 1/2" thick. Comes with an XXL Exto-Terra cage where the doors open in the front, heat lamp and new bulb, water dish, two caves and a half cactus cave. I also have about a months worth of food. She is eating 2 pinkies every week. She eats great, has never bitten and is very friendly with a great personality. She actually will sometimes come out to see what you are doing if you open her cage. I think she's hoping for more food. Asking $100

3yr old (Approx...still have her breeding papers) Red Tail Boa named Feather. She's probably over four feet now and will more than likely get to be about 8-9 feet. She comes with a 40 gallon reptile tank where the lid slides off, but she has to be upgraded to a larger tank...ideal for long term would be nothing less than 6 feet long. I currently have her in a 75 gallon fish tank, but I can't sell that. She has never turned down a meal and eats a medium frozen rat every other week. Cage comes with water bowl, cave, UV light, heat lamp and some pieces of wood. She is friendly, but will strike at you (the glass rather) when she's in her cage sometimes because I feed her there. Outside of her cage she has no issues and has never tried to bite...not even bite the dogs. Asking $150.

Thanks, Dena

• 3 months later...

BUMP...still trying to sell the Boa. She's in a 135g tank with screened lid and clamps right now. She comes with a large cave and water dish, smaller cave, two UV lamps with bulbs, three heat lamps with bulbs and a bunch of branches. I can even throw in a $60 mister. Asking $200 for everything. This is a photo of the tank as I was setting it up...her accessories were in another tank at the time.

post-429-0-24795000-1290918255_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP...still have the Boa. I use to be afraid of them and then one day I was intrigued and had to have one. I'll still have my Python once she's gone...he's my first snake ever. He's had a hard life...yeah, even a snake can have a hard life LOL. I would not recommend this snake to anyone with a small dog though. Once full grown, if she got out of her cage, there is a chance she would go after it. It's one of a few reasons why I was okay with parting her...I have a Pekingese that I acquired last year and I loves her to bits.

I will trade for saltwater items for the new 280g set up. Things I need:

Tunze Wavebox

4 of the grey bulkheads (nicer made ones that are threaded on inside and out) that fit a 3" hole.

3 of the grey bulkheads (nicer made ones that are threaded on inside and out) that file a 2 1/2" hole.

The bulkheads are sold at Bulk Reef Supply

Some sort of controller (haven't researched yet) to alert us if water hits the floor.

Tunze auto top-off thingy.

12" LED light fixture strong enough for a frag tank

I will be using my 48" dual 150W/PC light for now. Ultimately I'll be going LED, but that will be a while. I would love to have to a dual 250W with T5's or PC's in the meantime. Or ideally an 8-10 bulb T5 fixture...or a 72" fixture with MH's or T5's so the whole tank is covered.

I'm going to be doing the Tahitian Moon Black sand - will need about 8 bags of that (usually sells for around $20/bag).

I'm sure there are things I'm not thinking of. If you have something in mind for a trade, PM me.

I'll also trade for a BioCube or NanoCube 14-28/29 gallons with stand. Don't need anything extra with it unless you have extra...just the tank with stock lighting and pump are fine...and a stand. Our office is moving in February and I'm thinking about setting another larger tank up after we move.

Or even one of those new little Fluval ones.