I'm Back, For A Limited Time, .. Maybe

Tavio

Hey Guys, (for those who know me) I not to long ago decided to take a break from the hobby. I knew it would'nt last to long before I would decide to get back in. I've been working on a little project for the the past few months, just a little something to scratch that little itch. I picked up a 30 long and build an intergrated biological filtration system into it. I guess kinda like a Bio Cube. A few details about the tank. To the left are 3 chambers, First: overflow chamber where I'll drop my media( sponge, live rock, charcole, ect..) Second: is where ill be dropping in the skimmer and or heater. Third: made for the return pump and also the top of chamber. The back of the tank is where I plumbed 2 SCWD wavemakers for the return. In the tank are 4 1/2 in Lok Line flares and a little see thru chamber in the middle of the tank. Just wanted to get yall's opinion. I've never done anything like this before so dont be too harsh. Thanks for looking.

HPIM9511.jpg

HPIM9513.jpg

HPIM9514.jpg

HPIM9512.jpg

HPIM9515.jpg

HPIM9516.jpg

HPIM9517.jpg

HPIM9520.jpg

HPIM9521.jpg

Looks great. Awesome work. Though I am curious why you didn't just drill the glass and put all the plumbing on the outside of the tank. That way you save valuable tank space.

Thanks Guys. Yea I had considered a different skimmer but the whole thing really wasn't all that well thought out. It was just an idea tumbling in my head that got thrown into play. At first I was just going to set up a 10 gl w/ an Aqua Clear but did'nt like the idea of somthing so simple, that and i was trying to stay away from things poking out of the back or the top of the tank. I was also scared of drilling so many holes in the tank. I keep telling myself I'm not going to overstock the tank in hopes that I wont need a new skimmer. Those are some good suggestions though, thanks Will.

• 1 month later...

Well I knew it would happen, it would just be a matter of time. I need to go bigger! One of 2 things. 1 I gut the SQWDs and the back piece of plexy OR I just sell it and buy another tank, decisions decisions.

Corey why am I not surprised to see you post that right after me, lol. I know Im gonna hear from Dan shortly too. I think Im swingin twoards ripping out the false wall and the plumbing and keeping the 3 chambers on the left.

Well,.... thats exactly what I did, but not really. ripped out the fake wall and all the plumbing back there and left the chambers on the left. I plumbed 2 returns from pvc . 1 Return on the left y'd w/ loc line brought down and across the tank to the bottom right for another return w loc line. Ill post pics soon. I didnt think it came out to bad.

Heres some pics. I wanted to show yall the return pipe before I put everything in but I didnt have the camera at the time, but Im sure yall will get the idea. Looks like I might be upgrading the skimmer. Ive been giving the Mame Skimmer some serious though. Dont mind the glass ornament my son chuncked them in there when I wasnt looking and I felt bad pulling them out.

HPIM9971.jpg

HPIM9975.jpg

HPIM9972.jpg

HPIM9974.jpg

HPIM9977.jpg

• 1 month later...