8 gallon biorb

mcallahan

very cool! what kind of light do you have on it? What other mods did you do to make it saltwater ready? I just bought a 12gal nano and am loving the small size . . . humm. . . $75 i might just go for it - can you give me some more details please . . .

very cool! what kind of light do you have on it? What other mods did you do to make it saltwater ready? I just bought a 12gal nano and am loving the small size . . . humm. . . $75 i might just go for it - can you give me some more details please . . .

The only mod I add it was add in saltwater dead rock (which is now live). I think it came with plastic goldfish type plants which I wouldn't use.

The light is a standard issue halogen...nothing fancy. I can't promise it would grow any algae, but it does light up the tank well.

My thought was to make it a goby/pistol shrimp tank but I just don't want to mess with it due to my time constraints.

can you remove and clean the filter without disturbing the water and rocks/sand on the bottom? I'm not sure how that would work.

Yes. There is no sand, but the rocks stack up right to the filter so you can pull it out easily. Its designed that way on purpose to make it easy to care for.