IceCap T12 (VHO) End Cap Mounting Brackets

pbnj

Not the answer you are looking for, but depending on your setup, you might not need them. I didn't use them

OK, then how wide are the actual end caps? I'm trying to figure out if I can go with four or eight 48" bulbs in a 240g canopy (96x24x24), including 16" LumenBright reflectors.

Not the answer you are looking for, but depending on your setup, you might not need them. I didn't use them

OK, then how wide are the actual end caps? I'm trying to figure out if I can go with four or eight 48" bulbs in a 240g canopy (96x24x24), including 16" LumenBright reflectors.

2 5/8" high

2" Wide (widest part)

1.5" width of base

Thanks.

Is that 1.5" or 2" (in the direction of the bulb-width)?

One last question....

What is the total length including the end caps? I'm trying to decide between the 48" and 46.5" bulbs.

Thanks.

Is that 1.5" or 2" (in the direction of the bulb-width)?

One last question....

What is the total length including the end caps? I'm trying to decide between the 48" and 46.5" bulbs.

You need at least 48.25 inches for the 4 ft bulb with end caps. I would say a 2.5 inch minimum for each bulb, actual cap is 2" but you will need room for the screw caps.

2-48" are not going to fit with end caps in a 96" hood. Your best bet will be to go with either a 36" and 48" or 2x36". Offset the two rows of lights to reduce dark corners and you'll be okay. I went with 36" actinic T5's in my 48" wide hood and the T5 lighting is excellent and even.

2-48" are not going to fit with end caps in a 96" hood. Your best bet will be to go with either a 36" and 48" or 2x36". Offset the two rows of lights to reduce dark corners and you'll be okay. I went with 36" actinic T5's in my 48" wide hood and the T5 lighting is excellent and even.

46.5" are no good?

I had forgotten that 46.5" tubes were available. In all likely hood, it'll fit. Tight for sure though. Listen, I have two VHO endcap and lamp sets at the house on 60" tubes. If I can remember when I get home late tonight, I'll measure what the offset is with the endcaps. That is the dimension you are looking for.

Got home early enough to measure the tubes and endcap dimensions. I have some URI lamps labeled as 60". Well, with the endcaps on the tube, it measures 60" outside-outside nominal. The tube itself is 59" in length. So, the endcaps will demand 1" of length in addition to the length of the tube.

This then begs the question...is a 46.5" lamp actually 45.5" in length?

I thought 60" lamps were in fact, 60". Not the case.

Either way, the 46.5 tubes with endcaps will still measure out end to end with an inch to spare IF your canopy inside dimension is 96"

Hope this helps,

Mike