New Aquarium Day!

Derek

I did the Pro. It is pretty awesome. I love it. I got everything setup. The pumps are running, no leaks. I only had one minor whoops. I forgot to put a gasket in a pipe. It just leaked a bit but it was resolved in like 3 minutes. :)

All my fish are floating now. My rocks are a mess! I will have to get Mark to come over and redo them. Good thing Megan already had the baby. If she saw my rocks, that kid would have dropped right out.

I think he's leaving the stickers on in case he doesn't like it. That way he can return it.

Yeah, I think it needs to go back. It is too big.

So it's a center overflow?

And I guess you bought the whole package, tank, stand and hood?

Yep, center overflow. I got the tank, stand, and canopy.

Very nice Derek! Now you are officially in the BIG TANK CLUB.

Derek, that is a super nice setup! I wish i could get in the BIG TANK club.sad.gif You first have to get into the BIG MONEY club then work your way up!laugh.gif Keep posting pics also.

Very nice Derek! Now you are officially in the BIG TANK CLUB.

Derek, that is a super nice setup! I wish i could get in the BIG TANK club.sad.gif You first have to get into the BIG MONEY club then work your way up!laugh.gif Keep posting pics also.

not entirely true..

I found my 135 for $100 on CL.. I built my own stand and hood. My uncle does lighting so i have an inside for the T5 ballasts.. He gave me 2 $80 ballast and I bought one for costs which was $30. (big mark up on those things). I bought the lights at retail cost. I found my sump on CL for $200, it came with an overflow.. I sold the overflow later and bought a new larger one at retail. I found 150LBs of live rock on CL for $100... All in all I have spent about $800 on my whole setup.. but that was over the course of a year. That may be a lot of money, but if I sold my setup as it is now.. I could get double what I have in it.

The water is nice and clear now. I decided to make a video last night. Let me know what you think.

I am considering getting a trio of Bellus Angels instead of Yellow Tangs.