Asian market nori

Hydro

Has anyone used the asian market nori in place of what can be bought at the LFS for tangs? I was told that it was about a $1 for the same size package I'm buying now. Is there any reason not to feed them this nori?

I use it too, all my fish like it though I get it specifically for my tang.

Just check the ingredients and make sure its not flavored and that there are no additives. Seems obvious but I realized when looking at packaging that what seemed like plain nori, wasn't.

Here is where I order mine by the case. This is the Izumi Brand Grade D Green Nori. It is a quality above average grade that is commonly used in production food kitchens and in volume restaurants.

Noridirect- Food Grade D

I feed one sheet every other day. I still have 4 packages left. I can't remember how many packages are in a case. Each package contains 100 sheets. So the way I feed - 1pkg = 50 days. A case will last well over 2 years.

I got mine at our local asian food store freeze dried 10"x10" and more than an inch deep for about 9 bucks. You pay more at fish stores because they know you'll pay it. I feed my pack 2 sheets a day, basicall make sure there is a sheet in there all the time.

I worded my original statement incorrectly. one in the morning before work and one in the evening a few hours after their mid-day feeding. I ask because I have around 14 fish at the moment and they tear it up pretty quick, well about an hour... Do you suggest only one sheet a day or less? Am I over feeding?

I contacted Noridirect and here was my answer:

"Our Grade D Green Nori Case contains 10 packs, each containing 100 half sheets of nori ( pack 10/100 half sheets) or a total of 1000 half sheets."

So thats $40.00 a case / 1000 sheets = .04 cents a sheet (not sure if there is a shipping cost).