Fuzzy Pocillopora

KeeperOfTheZoo

I have 2 good sized frags / mini colonies of fuzzy green pocillopora 1/2 to 2/3 of the way towards the top of my tank. I'd like to move the larger frag down to the bottom of the tank. Right now both frags are growing well and have colored up nicely.

The catch is I have a bit over 3 wpg of PC lighting. If I moved the coral down would the reduction in light kill it?

It's a pretty sps, but I don't need two colonies taking up prime lighting real estate. Either I move it or find one a new home.

I think you would be okay. i have a green pocillopora thats 8" tall. I had it in a 40g breeder tank toward the bottom of that tank with PC's.(4 watts per gallon) When i bought it, the base was not fuzzy and the color was almost white. I put my power head almost directly on it and now it looks like a green/tan grizzly bear it so fuzzy. This is one of the only corals that i have that likes the water current so strong. My light fixture had 3 actinic strips and 1x10000k. I have since moved it to a 75g tank and its under MH's. i have lost some of the green tint, but its still fuzzy as heck. I think the current plays a major issue with this coral. I think i will move it futher down in the 75g and see if i can get some of the green back.