Briopsis

JimD

I've recently been having a small issue with Bryopsis, no Idea where it came from, just appeared. As it gradually began to spread, I knew I needed to do something before it got out of control. I decided to use the cuastic properties of kalkwasser to eliminate it or at least pi$$ it off. It was on two large rocks that had corals attached so I had no choice but to remove the larger corals before treatment,. Took the rocks out of the tank and removed as much of the algae that I could scraping the rock with a razor knife. Then applied a generous coating of a thick kalk paste about the consistancy of toothpaste to the affected areas, covered the rocks with newspaper soaked in saltwater and let them sit for about 30 minutes. The results are promising to say the least, its been two days now and whatever remnants remaining are turning transluscent and quickly disappearing. The trick is to get it early before it gets out of control. So far, so good.

I need to mention that I rinsed the rocks in saltwater before adding them back to the tank, kinda important. lol

Edited by JimD