Bubble Tip Anemone vs Rhodactis Mushrooms

Derek

I got a rose bubble tip anemone this week. It has moved under the rock that has my mushrooms on it. I am thinking that they are going to have some grand battle over the prime turf. I do not really care if some of the mushrooms get pulverized since they grow like a weed. My concern is the bubble tip anemone. Will the mushrooms be of any consequence to the anemone?

post-1242-12731830533166_thumb.jpg

I'd possibly be able to move the anemone. The rock that the anemone is on is the same as the one the mushrooms are on.

@Reefaddiction: I got it from LiveAquaria.com.

Hmm, he is stuck on there with glue or something. I put a rock over the opening to block it from getting to the mushrooms. I will see if he moves somewhere else.

Can you frag off those shrooms closest to the nem?

I could but the remaining tissue will grow a few new polyps... usually two per cut. They are like pulling out greys. You pull one out and two new ones grow in the same spot.

Thanks Derek, those are nice looking mushrooms.

Do you know what kind of zoas the red/orange skirted ones are in your picture? I have a couple frags just like them and have no ID.

I think they are called Fireball Zoas.