Dosing Potassium

medi

Just curious how many are dosing potassium and if so how often are you dosing? I am reluctant to dose K without testing, but from what I have read it is difficult to get an accurate measurement anyways. Any advice?

I have the same concerns, and I have a KZ test kit and have never been sure about the readings when I was using it.

I'll be interested to see what others say.

One way to mitigate it is doing the weekly WCs with a high quality salt. At least that way I don't worry about overdosing on it.

Stephen

Well I ordered a few things from Zeovit and I had also read it was important to start dosing K when running the system. hmm...I know fishypets doses K, maybe he will chime in here.

My tank consumes a ton of K but I also run ZEOvit stones which removes elements from the water. I notice a big difference the day after I dose K, especially with the blue and purple colors. As far as the test goes, the one I had was a piece of garbage. It always showed low even if I added K directly to the test solution.

I dosed last night, and the colors did seem to "pop" today. especially the rainbow monti. I guess I will have to keep at it. How often are you dosing, and any idea how to tell when it is time to dose again?