Lunar Wrasse - Needs New home

Chad and Belinda

I have a Lunar Wrasse for sale $15 or would trade for a nice zoa or sps frag that I don't already have. He does great in a reef tank. Has never messed with any coral and is a great worker...just wanting to buy a different fish. I have already caught him so he needs to go rather quickly.

Here is a picture I got off the internet.

post-398-12694667016367_thumb.jpg

Regarding a six line, do you think he would be okay with one? I read they (Lunar Wrasse) are peaceful fish.

Also, would he be okay in a 90G tank?

I may be interested.

Michael McDermott

He is a very peaceful fish. I have never had any problems with him and any of the other fish in my tank. I have two small fish and he doesn't mess with them. Yes, he should be fine in a 90 gallon. I believe they require a 75 gallon or larger tank.

I'd take him, but I know my sixline would kill him...he killed my leopard wrasse...can't catch the dang thing either...really want a different kind of wrasse!

The leopard wrasse was twice the six line's size...this sixline is mean as sh$t! I had one in my biocube when I had it at work and it was the most friendly little guy...cleaned the other fish off. Not this guy...tried to catch him yesterday and he darted so fast I couldn't even tell which direction he went...I'll get him eventually. If you don't sell him by the weekend then I'll pick him up on my way back from Mike's on Saturday. Maybe if I put him in the tank...and the six line hates him, he'll help me catch him???? Hmmm...plan of attack in motion!

The leopard wrasse was twice the six line's size...this sixline is mean as sh$t! I had one in my biocube when I had it at work and it was the most friendly little guy...cleaned the other fish off. Not this guy...tried to catch him yesterday and he darted so fast I couldn't even tell which direction he went...I'll get him eventually. If you don't sell him by the weekend then I'll pick him up on my way back from Mike's on Saturday. Maybe if I put him in the tank...and the six line hates him, he'll help me catch him???? Hmmm...plan of attack in motion!

He does sound like a pain. Good luck in catching him. It took me 10 minutes. I didn't feed them all day and caught him about 4:00pm. By that time they were starving and I clipped some seaweed inside the fish trap and just waited his arrival. LOL...I was sneaky...I only have two more to catch spiteful.gif

Will it get along with a coral beauty. If it does, i will take him and put him in my exile tank for naughty fish.

He si going to go home with VWMIKE. However...

I do have another one that looks just like the Lunar Wrasse, just not sure what type of wrasse it is. Both of these guys get along with all the fish in my aquarium.

Wow I bet your exile tank lives just as good as your show tank...smile.gif

Thanks! My exile tank is mainly aquascaped live rock and a few soft coral for now. i will base my coral selection around the fish for this tank! it will be a reverse of the other tank! thats why i am going to add the fish first and then select the corals that they are less likely to mess with. have you had any luck finding a new canopy?

He si going to go home with VWMIKE. However...

I do have another one that looks just like the Lunar Wrasse, just not sure what type of wrasse it is. Both of these guys get along with all the fish in my aquarium.

How much are you asking for the other wrasse? will it eat prepared food or does it live off pods? does it have the same type of color scheme as the one above?