Clowns

JimD

Personality is always going to be a variable when adding any new fish to a system with established fish.  You should always be ready to rehome a fish if personality and/or size become an issue.  ALso, pesonalities and attitudes can develop over months or years as fish mature so an addition that worked once may not work again months or years later.   My guess is your existing pair are still not fully mature and have not yet started breeding yet.  If this is correct, this improves the odds of getting a foursome going.  But you and your fish are better off just being happy with what you have.

Certainly, but it's more a question of how wise it is to try to add two more clowns to an established pair to get a foursome.  I can see the attraction especially if different varieties are added, and it is possible but I think you need to be ready to rehome the new additions as there's a good chance they may not be accepted.

21 hours ago, Timfish said:

Certainly, but it's more a question of how wise it is to try to add two more clowns to an established pair to get a foursome.  I can see the attraction especially if different varieties are added, and it is possible but I think you need to be ready to rehome the new additions as there's a good chance they may not be accepted.

Well darn,,,, I was hoping it would be ok to add another pair from my Jawfish tank because theyre swimming in the hair algae I let grow out like its an annemone and I have plenty of Roses in my 65g.