8th Grade Science Project!

Cameronbherring

I'm looking for some coral for my science project. It willing be going in my display tank so no brown color ones but it can be any other kind! Just text me at 512-966-7871 with a price. I just don't want it to be brown. I'm looking for at least one of: mushroom, lps, sps, zoas, and any other you can think of! Also I would like to buy from someone closer since I don't have a car. Thanks everyone! I will be updating the testing and project also on the reef club if interested.

I have a one inch green speckled mushrooonm that is mounted on a piece of livestock rubble that's about 3" or so long. I would be happy to donate it in the name of science. Just let me know where to drop it off.

I own a business in pflugerville. :) so if it works out with your mom I can drop it off by her work in Wednesday. I also have a frag of green button palys to donate. Two polyps.

Something to keep in mind with using the water displacement measuring method...softies like zoas, mushrooms, and leathers will take in and expel water in surprising amounts to grow and shrink, making it difficult to measure their growth.

Stony corals however could be measured like that because their skeletons will be a fixed size

I've got some blue shrooms you can have. I'd measure these by polyp count and mushroom diameter. Remember that coral may not be the only thing on these plugs, and while the displacement may be minor (especially considering the accuracy limitations of reading inbetween mL lines) if something like a sponge is on your frag plugs, like Bbp said, your displacement will be off.

I know. I bought a aiptasia eating filefish and some peppermint shrimp. They have taken care of most of it already.

As many people have found out the hard way, those filefish eat more than just aiptasia and can sometimes quickly make a buffet of your soft corals. Peppermint Shrimp are okay, but they tend to only eat the little ones and if easier food is present in the tank then they won't touch them. Many people put multiple shrimp in their tank and think that is going to work, but they overfeed the fish and the shrimp eat the leftovers instead of the anemones. Why go to the kitchen and make a sandwich when room service brings you food every night?

Archived