100 lbs of Dry Florida Reef Rock

lenver

So I received today my 100 lbs of Florida rock, it looks awesome, full of crevices and nice looking, as you can see I need more, probably about 150 lbs more, and I just viewed their barnacle clusters I'm getting some of those also.

This is a 150 tall tank and I want to build a big mountain of reef rock, I'm still trying to figure out the final landscape, any input is appreciated

post-2381-0-52379000-1366847207_thumb.jp

Great looking stuff.

I'd recommend finding a box approx the same size as your tank and setting up the rock inside it. That prevents you from scratching your tank and allows you to envision the use of space.

Play with different configurations and when you find what you like you can use 1/2" pvc pipe or plastic coat hangers and a masonry drill bit to fit pieces together. Don't trust that they'll stay just because they fit tightly, using the pvc/plastic or epoxy will save you lots of frustration down the road.

Also be sure to pre-drill lots of smaller holes or deepen existing ones for frag placement later. Take a sample frag plug and use it to see which holes work and which need to be deepend.

Oh, and take lots of pics and share them here!

Thanks for the help Mike, I just ordered another 100 lbs and some Barnacle clusters, I will see what I come up with, will also try to make it this month to your meeting and take a few pieces of rock to get some pointers.

Does anyone know where I can get some kind of background for this, like a 3D one, the main problem is since it's acrylic I only have two small openings on top of the tank, so a DIY one is hard since it has to be able to bend.

Archived