Treating tank with Furan-2

Teresa

Hi Jake,

I bought the Furan-2 product from you a few days ago and wanted to update you about the progress of my zoas. I have a 12 gallon jbj with zoas, sps, montis, bubble anemone, clown fish, goby, randii shrimp, cleaner shrimp, hammer, candy canes, mushrooms, etc. Since the majority of my zoas were showing signs of pox and they were throughout the aquarium - I did the big no-no and decided to treat my entire tank. I followed the directions on the back of the box. Today is the last day of treatment (day four) and everything is doing well. The zoas are looking much better and 90% of the pox is gone. All the lps are doing great and showing no signs of stress. My cleaner shrimp molted sometime this morning and is currently hanging out under his favorite ledge. All the fish and anemone are doing well. The only corals that seem a little upset are my sps. Their polyps are open, but smaller than usual. Other than that, the tank is looking and acting normal (except for the expected greenish tint that should go away with carbon tomorrow).

I will let you know if there are any ill effects - though for now, I think its safe to let people know that dipping zoas with Furan-2 is both effective and safe for your reef tank (though I do not recommend people with sps treating the entire tank as I did).

Teresa

Not sure if this is from treating entire tank or not - but here are some ill effects I've noticed in the past two days since stopping treatment.

Cleaner shrimp bit the bullet

rose anenome bleached (color is starting to come back)

an sps frag appears to be done for.

zoas are doing ok

The key I suppose is to dip only the corals that need medication and leave everything else as it is!

Agreed only treat what you know needs treating and only if you are sure what it is.

We dealt with Zoa Pox back in May.

It will take the better part of 2 weeks to see how everything shakes out after the treatment.

also FYI use caution and gloves when handling zoas for treatment. They are toxic if you get in blood stream and some especially even with just dermal contact.

Edited by lexiemc

thanks for the info

any tips on how to make my rose bubble rose again? it's getting paler by the day. I sure messed up this one :)

I'd get it out of there. Either find someone who can host it or get a cheapie qt tank to move it to temporarily.