temple-killeen area

ludakris

Not sure if I really count but I'm closer than most. I'm in Kempner out towards Lampasas. Still a ways from Belton. I've met (and saw the beautiful huge tank) of another reef club member in Kempner. Met another gal that I'm not sure has joined the list, but she and her husband are setting up a new tank and they live in Killeen. So, there are a few of us out here.

Sure wish there were some better LFSs around here! We go to Fins & Flowes in Cove all the time because we buy our ball python's feeder rats there. I bought a very healthy banded serpent star from them. I get a huge kick out of the ladies that work there (and all the birds)! They'll happily special order fish and inverts if you want them too. Not always the best price available (mostly because they are so low volume), but I just like the store. Seems like one of the biggest gripes of everyone I talk to out this direction is the lack of a good, big, well stocked LFS.

Liz

Where is the fish bowl? I've never heard of that one.

I swing by Aquapets in Killeen sometimes. They have a limited selection of fish (usually really itty bitty babies) and dry goods. Their live rock is $6 a lb, not very 'alive' but no pests either. I bought sone rubble for frags.

Liz

I got

As mentioned above I live in Kempner, just a mile west of Cove. I don't have many softies as my Emporer loves to eat them. Fishbowl is in temple, they usually have a few fish and occasionally get some corals in usually softies. It has been a year or so since I was in there though. AquaPets in Killeen is your best bet IMO for SW livestock, if she don't have she'll get it for you. Usually save some of the shipping cost.

Rob