Looking for some input

polarbear

I have about 5 different frags of zoas and polyps that are on different rocks (see my photo gallery) and the rocks are weird shapes. I want to mount them to the rock work but I'm not sure where to put them. I haven't mounted any before and was wondering if I should worry about them spreading on the rock work to much. Is it easy to frag them if they start to grow out of control? I have seen other members tanks that have huge zoa colonies that are part of the main rock work. Should I just glue them and let them grow as they please or is there a certian place that I should put them. I hope this makes since. Sorry I can't post the pictures to this thread. I'm on my iPod touch.

Yea, Zoa's will grow just about anywhere you put them with decent light and flow. I would reccomend finding a spot that they will grow with them on the frag plug. Once you found a place they are happy you can epoxy/glue the plug down and they will grow out over the plug. As a hint, they will grow faster up a surface than down one.

I like to place my plugs between two rocks and let them grow onto the surrounding rocks. Once I have enough of a colony on my rocks I pull the original plug and have an instant frag and a natural looking colony in my display tank. Whenever possible I don't glue soft corals like mushrooms and zoa. When they spread on their own they seem much healthier.