Reef Cleaners Group Buy

Zarathustra2

Allrighty... Its Reef Cleaners group buy time. Yeeaaa. For those that have been on the orders before you know the drill. For those that haven't, Reef Cleaners is an excellent place for all of your Clean up Crew and Macro Algae needs. They have in season access to lots of CuC and algae that you just do not see elsewhere. They are very focused on Club group buys and have the easiest group buy policies that I have ever worked with. John is fantastic to work with and has been quick to answer a lot of questions I have had on CuC members in the past. They are also a sponsor so you get the good feeling of helping out ARC at the same time you are getting quality CuC and algae!

Given just the interest I have had so far we will easily make the $150 limit for free shipping. John (from ReefCleaners) has been gracious enough to up our discount for this buy to 20% off all livestock. Rock cannot be sold with this group buy for free shipping.

The Group Buy will be open until Tuesday September 15Th 2359hours (A minute before midnight.) It should be delivered the following Friday the 18Th. Delivery would be at my house which is near the corner of Braker and Lamar (about a mile up the road from Reef_Pug.) If we get enough southies or way northies (Hutto) I'm sure we can work out some sort of secondary drop off.

Reefcleaners Web Site is at www.reefcleaners.org

To participate in our group buy all you have to do is:

1. Place an order at ReefCleaners.org before Tuesday September 15Th. Pay for the order separately.

2. Choose the free "Group Buy" shipping option.

3. Use the discount code "reefclub" and put "ARC" or "Austin Reef Club" in the notes section so RC knows that this is part of the group buy and will apply your 20% discount. Note: Your discount will not show up in your checkout but Reef Cleaners will send a confirmation mail with the information in it after the order is placed.

4. The order will be shipped on Friday September 18Th, orders should be placed by 11:PM on Tuesday September 15Th.

The orders will be labeled by name, and pre-sorted by Reef Cleaners so you just have to pick it up. Please try to arrange a pickup within a reasonable time after arrival, I will post here when the orders arrive, please subscribe to this thread. If you have questions about the pick up please direct them to me, all other questions about livestock and your specific order should be directed to ReefCleaners.org.

Edited by Zarathustra2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that should work with when i hope to have my tank put together... i should be in...

just read you wanted feedback on shipping date... i would prefer a mid Sept delivery that would give me more fudge room for my buildout...

also, like July 4th, what are the chances they are offering some great deals due to Labor Day?

Edited by Mitch

vwmike, do you already have water in your tank? how long are expecting your cycle to take? are you using stability as suggested by reef_pug? i plan on having water in my tank at the beginning of Sept if all goes as planned, then drop in LR which i baked in the sun (i'm playing it safe and starting from ground zero). am i being unrealistic to think my tank would be ready for a CuC by mid Sept?

That Friday (18th) is best.

I plan to have my dry rock curing from first weekend in Sept on seeded with bits of my existing live rock, using Stability,having my turf scrubber running, and slowly transitioning stuff from my 29g. I'll monitor my water, but will let the cleaning crew be what predominately cycles the tank. Since I am using predominately dry rock there should be no die off.

I didn't really want to wait that long. Let me think about it. Maybe I'll just order my goby or the pair of clown's now and wait on my CuC until this goes through.

Check Gabe's post if you're looking to split a clean crew and don't want to wait that long

Oh yea, If anyone is interested I am going to be getting some of the Mineral Mud that they used to offer. It is no longer on thier website but John says he has a tank of it left. It's 25$ for 10# if anyone wants to get in on the order. I'll be ordering some as soon as my refugium gets built, should be in a week or two. This is totally seperate from the group order.

For you 90g peeps, what do you have or are your plans for CuC? I know it depends on what you have etc etc, so include that if you would. I have already received a response from RC about a custom CuC setup, but always trying to understand people's choices etc.

Below is what I am looking at right now for my 90 gallon. Remember that I will be feeding very heavily and am stocking a very large refugium.

I'm also adding in about 15 pounds of the live mud for the general detrivores in that. I'm mostly shooting for a lot of variety in my detrivores and macro. The majority of the CuC is obviously in ceriths and I have had a lot of luck with them in the past. The chitons are just because I like them as an animal. Same with some of the macro that I plan on putting in the display (Scroll algae for instance.) I'm getting new chaeto even though I usually have it coming out of my ears for the additional copepod seeding. I will also be moving over some of the ulva I grow in my current tank as I love that stuff for a food algae/nutrient recycling. I'm hoping that the virgin nerites will breed in the fuge. I will end up adding more nassarius later when the bio load is higher. Since I am trying to get as much copepods as possible i'm avoiding any hermits.

*edit realized quantities didn't copy over. edited

1x 5 Red Mangroves

1x 1 Penny Macro Algae

1x Chaeto with Pods

1x Christmas Tree

1x Gracilaria (Refugium and Food Grade )

1x Mermaid's Fan

2x Shaving Brush

1x Scroll Algae

5x Fuzzy Chiton*

100x Dwarf Cerith

50x Florida Cerith

15x Nassarius Vibex

15x Nerite Snails (Small - Medium)

10x Virgin Nerites

For you 90g peeps, what do you have or are your plans for CuC? I knowit depends on what you have etc etc, so include that if you would. Ihave already received a response from RC about a custom CuC setup, butalways trying to understand people's choices etc.

I have 3 blue legged hermits and started with 6 medium-large Mexican turbo snails. The snails have been breeding like crazy, so I have quite a lot of snails now (probably ~60 of varying ages/sizes). Personally, I'm not a fan of too many hermit crabs because it gets annoying when they kill your hapless snails, but I suppose they can help control the snail population. I feel like a lot of the suggestions for a large CuC are grossly exaggerated. A couple of snails, a couple of crabs, and I think that's plenty. Having a healthy fuge with plenty of amphipods and copepods should cover any remaining detritus. Just my thoughts...