phosguard in ATO?

offroadodge

Did you have other stuff in your ATO bucket? What makes you think that the TDS spike was due to phosphates? If your bucket had dust, or anything else, it's equally possible that that is causing the TDS spike.

Did you have other stuff in your ATO bucket? What makes you think that the TDS spike was due to phosphates? If your bucket had dust, or anything else, it's equally possible that that is causing the TDS spike.

I agree, I usually get a small spike due to the same thing. I have even seen this before when I only filled up a glass to check the TDS with the handheld before I upgraded to the inline meter.

i stick the hand held in the 5 gallon bucket to check it. Dont know. Probly fxn to change the bucket to something else. The bucket is new,cleaned with ro/di water b4 filling for ATO water. Could it be gathering the tds from the bucket sweating? The sweat water could have tds in it. That may be reaching but just a thought. I have a lid on the bucket so as not to contaminate the water with dust etc.. Oh i dont hv nothing in the bucket other that a corilia 2 to keep it moving and not stagnant.

It sounds like you are fine. If your worried about contaminates in the bucket make sure it is food safe. I just picked up 5 buckets from firehouse subs. It's 2$ per for thier pickle buckets. Yea they smell like pickles but its food safe so presumeably reef safe. :)