Clowns

Christian

If you have a very large tank... maybe, if you added them all at the same time and got lucky. Generally clowns are considered very territorial. I have read a lot of stories of clown fish related heartbreak from adding multiple couples. I've also read a few accounts of it working out too so your milage may vary.

OK well I have a 55g tank that I was going to do that to but like you said there very territorial, but mine a not really territorial they swim all over the tank and don't pick on my other fish, but itt would be totally awesome if I could get the clowns into one tank.

+1 to what Zara said.

But, I do have a single pink skunk and a gold striped maroon living fine together in my 75g. In fact,t hey both host really close to each other. The maroon lives in my bubbletip, and the skunk has taken to hosting in my tongue coral.

I'd say if it's something you want to do try it. Just be prepared to take one of them back to the LFS if there is fighting.

One thing I have seen is people using eggcrate to split the aquarium in half. You put one fish on one side and the other on the other. Let them set thier territories while getting used to the other one in the tank but with the divider so they can't fight. Then once they are good with each other take the divider out.

If you already have one of the clown fish established you should re-arrange all the rock while you are getting ready to put the new one in. That way they both are establishing new territory instead of the new guy horning in on the old guys space. You can also try to float them in plastic colanders (Spaghetti strainers) like you see at LFS's all the time to get them acclimated to each other.

I like that egg crate idea. Though it really would be a rock rearranging job to get it in there...

If neither of my clowns host in the carpet I picked up from Christian (and, so far, they're showing no interest) I may consider another pair.

The two I have spend 99% of their time in the far right 1/4 of the tank...one staying with the GBTA, the other staying in the same general area.

The carpet is on the other side of the tank...

hay chris so hows it doing has it ate any thing yet?

Oh, yeah...it's eating just fine. And it's bigger than you thought. ;)

It's expanded itself across and between some rocks (still anchored to the glass bottom) and hasn't moved in a few days. It's gotta be 10" across at it's longest.

I've got some pictures I've gotta get off my camera and I'll get posted.

haha ya well I put them in the big tank and the orange skunk went streat over to the ocellaris on the other side of the tank just to bug them but there all swimming all over the tank now with my other 2 fish and mu pink skunk clown just likes to hide and that is what he is doing.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0001-2.jpg