DIY Kalk Reactor

Mike M.

About seven months ago, I decided to try using Kalk through my ATO system on my 120 gallon display to see if I would enjoy benefit from adding this to my two part system. The answer was a resounding yes and I recently picked up a shorter, Precision Marine Kalk Reactor. Pictured below is the 4" PVC Kalk reactor. It is fed by 1/4" tubing and these hook into the reactor via John Guest fittings. I found that using the Aqua Lifter pumps, one to feed and one to pull from the reactor to the tank worked a lot better than just one Aqua Lifter pushing water to the tank. I ran it with one Aqua Lifter for five months before adding the second lifter pump and if you buy the package, you can decide for yourself what is best.<p>So, the package consists of:

DIY Kalk Reactor equipped with a MaxiJet 1200 pump

2-Aqua Lifter pumps-One is seven months old and one is two months old. Both work.

Asking $60 for the package.

I am in NW Austin, Anderson Mill and 183. Going to a movie this afternoon but be back before dinner. Message me!

MikeKALK1.jpgKALK2.jpg

i may be interested in this. i kinda would like to run it. right now i have a DIY but its a gallon bottle and i just dip it into the system this seems better. BTW dont see the new car sales movie w/ Jeremy pivion it blows badly!..

No word from anybody else on this. I am willing to sell the reactor by itself for $35, I'll keep the AquaLifters. Parts to build a reactor like this ran right at $70 so why reinvent the wheel? If you are wanting to experiment with Kalk, this would be an inexpensive way to try it out like I did. BTW, I really like my Precision Marine Kalk Reactor. Nice piece of acrylic work.