30 gal tank

chatfouz

I have i think its about 30 gal. Its 12 tall, 18 deep and 36or so long. i know its pretty shallow but it does have some depth and length. Is that in yall opinion suitable for some cichlids? I'm looking to set up a tank now that im back in the usa (and finally have my own place!!). I was looking at cichlids because they are (in my experience) hard to kill and ,most importantly, can be seen from across the room. I would love to set it up for some seahorses again but i just dont have the money or time to deal with salt water.

i should probably specify cichlids. I was directing that toward africans, such as jewel cichlids. If such fish won't work i am open to suggestions.

You could fit some(like 3-5) Malawi's in there along with a pleco or two. Or a few small SA such as apistos or some rams, a few tetras and maybe an angel.

Lots of options really. Check out cichlid-forums.com, library, quick reference, cookie cutter for some ideas.

Welcome back! If you were serving; welcome home and thanks!

Should be fine for cichlids, though I liked the taller 29g. I had yellow labs, a red empress, and a socolofi (meanie). I would definitely avoid the jewels, they're mean and not a community fish.

Should be fine for cichlids, though I liked the taller 29g. I had yellow labs, a red empress, and a socolofi (meanie). I would definitely avoid the jewels, they're mean and not a community fish.

i had 3 jewels in there before and a bala shark. but they ate the shark and i wasnt sure if they were kept in too small a tank. i wanted to besure i didnt make a stocking mistake.

thanks for the advice.

Archived