Equipment for sale

Zarathustra2

I have a bunch of equipment for sale

Sold $125 Euroreef RS80 Skimmer

Pending $150 Coralife 150W HQI Clip on MH Lamp - Unsure of bulb age but looks pretty bright and on color. Sleek design for any nano. Built in UV protection.

post-880-12501257733547_thumb.jpg

post-880-12501257756253_thumb.jpg

Pending --- SE 175W SPS bulb available for $50. Used for 2 weeks. $150 Hamilton 175W Pendant - Light has seved me faithfully for a good time now. Brand new (1 week) 14k SPS Tru blu bulb that is just fantastic. I am moving that tank into the bedroom so am moving to a coralife fixture for space. Includes my ghetto rig stand if you would like it.

post-880-12501257767024_thumb.jpg

post-880-12501257777492_thumb.jpg

Sold $5 Misc Test Kit

$5 or 3 for $10 or Free with purchase Hydrometers - They kind of tell you what your salinity is. Get all three and average them for a maybe more accurate reading

post-880-12501257822105_thumb.jpg

post-880-12501257466458_thumb.jpg

post-880-12501257805837_thumb.jpg

Skimmer and test kits sold. Lights still available.

Again, willing to trade for live rock/sand. All proceeds go to my ongoing quest to rescue poor marine animals from the dreadful local fish store and thier evil cohorts the online shops.

My wife is interested in the Coralife light for her nano. What kind of bulb does it have in it now (Coralife, XM, etc.)? I've read and heard the so called UV protection on this fixture doesn't cut it nor does the standard Coralife bulb because they're not UV protected. Is the ballast still in good shape and how old is the fixture?

Please hold because we'll most likely buy it depending on the questions above. Thanks!

Edited by Volitan

It is the coralife bulb. 14k. I am not sure of the age. There is a pipe like fixture around the bulb that looks like it would be pretty effective for UV blocking. All DE bulbs need UV blocking, usually by tempered glass. The bulb looks fine. I would guess 6 months usage as it still has good color and throws off good light. I did not replace these bulbs though so your milage may vary. The fixture and ballast were kept in excellent condition. I don't see any scratches or anything like that.

As a note I actually have 2 of these but will be using one of them myself. To be on the safe side I'll be replaceing the bulb with an SPS brand in a couple of months as I really love thier bulbs.

Note for the Note: Pendant is pending. The SE MH SPS tru blu bulb is for sale. 2 weeks of use. $50.

Sounds good. One last question: have you noticed any of your corals getting burned even with the UV glass tube around the bulb? Only reason I ask is my wife would like to cut costs by not having to purchase a new bulb right away and get by with the fixture as is. If you've been happy with the Coralife bulb over your corals then I trust your judgment. Thanks!

All Items sold except for a 175W SPS 14k SE bulb. Thanks all for helping my quest for keeping more marine invertabrates than any household should have the right to.

Edit: Oh yea and I still got a bunch of hydrometers. Please take them. I hate these things now that I have a refractometer.