1 Meteor Shower Cyphastrea Frag Left

Chad and Belinda

tate1 - where do you keep yours in your tank? I have a frag that got from somewhere else that was doing well, then lost its color. I've been moving it around my tank and now it seems to be happiest directly under one of my 250@ 14K bulbs. I have it about 1/3 way up off the sandbed.

We keep ours on the sand bed slightly under an overhang (opening of a cave). When I tried moving it out into the open (against the advice of it's former owner), it started to die back in a few areas. We put it back where we had it and it went back to normal although we have put it a little more toward the cave opening several months ago with great results. We have a 2nd cyphastrea (not a MS) that thrives in the open so go figure.

<h2 class="maintitle">

</h2>

We keep ours on the sand bed slightly under an overhang (opening of a cave). When I tried moving it out into the open (against the advice of it's former owner), it started to die back in a few areas. We put it back where we had it and it went back to normal although we have put it a little more toward the cave opening several months ago with great results. We have a 2nd cyphastrea (not a MS) that thrives in the open so go figure.

<h2 class="maintitle">

</h2>

that's strange....mine likes the full light.

If you have it at the meeting I would love to take it off your hands. But whomever gets there first should have dibs on it. Depending on the time, maybe I could just swing by and check out what else you have in your tank ready to be fragged after the meeting.

Archived