CANT get ICH to go away

offroadodge

well i got 2 fish a carlos b-day party and they are a powder brown tang(DEAD)- and a purple tang(alive for now). I started treating ich when i saw it on them the day of the sale. after about 4days they looked improved. Then all of the sudden it came back and withind 2 days they both had it again, the pwdr brown died wednesday. The purple tang is getting realy weak looking and now my percula is getting it. I have been dosing KICK-ICH every other day and to no avail this stuff is still going crazy? I need some advise on what to do or is it to late? I dont have a quarintine tank. HELP IF POSSIBLE!!!!

I picked up a yellow tang that got Ich at the same thing.

I picked up some Garlic X-treme (Fishy Business has it if other places don't) and some sea weed.

Put two drops of Garlic X-treme in the food every day and hung a half sheet of sea weed in the tank. The Ich is gone.

If you are not feeding the tangs greens you are probably stressing them. Fold the sheet and put in the clip. They are vegetarians. Keep adding the Xtreme to the food. I let it soak overnight so tha food can soak it up.

Dave-

i have been feeding them green seaweed(julian sprungs sea veggies green seaweed) (porphyra yezoensis). And u think i should stop using KICK-ICH? Gonna do my water change tomorow and if i should stop dosing then i will just stick with seaweed soaked in xtreme.

I got a tiny, like the size of a quarter, blue tang and he got ick bad. I thought he was a gonner so I tried a fresh water dip and it worked. Knock on wood I haven't had an outbreak since. I hope all goes well.

I got a tiny, like the size of a quarter, blue tang and he got ick bad. I thought he was a gonner so I tried a fresh water dip and it worked. Knock on wood I haven't had an outbreak since. I hope all goes well.

I have had the best luck with feeding lots of times per day and giving the tangs as much algae as they can eat. as long as you have a good skimmer the overfeeding should not be a problem and will help boost the fishes immune system. Lots of people believe in garlic.