Fans

dustint21

Im looking for ideas on fans. Im thinkin about the clip on 4 or 6 fan unit for the sump and not sure for my canopy yet. Im just looking for pics and ideas. My tank stays 78-81 degrees with MH's on I havent seen it over 81. Im getting ready to add the VHO, but that wont add to much heat. The big issue is I want to plum a small seahorse tank into my big tank. Ive read seahorses need cooler temps around 77-78 degrees max. If I can keep My water around that I will be happy!

hey if you go to LOWES they have a realy cool fan for $10 and is small. Ive got one blowing across sump just to help with the cooling and works great. I also have some 4" computer fans that would work in a canopy. They move some major air. Let me know if interested, this always helps(they would be mmmmmm FREE!!!)

hey if you go to LOWES they have a realy cool fan for $10 and is small. Ive got one blowing across sump just to help with the cooling and works great. I also have some 4" computer fans that would work in a canopy. They move some major air. Let me know if interested, this always helps(they would be mmmmmm FREE!!!)

+1 for that setup. that's what I have and its all controlled through my AC III. My temp swings from 77.3-78.2. I'm running 2x250W MH and 2x96W PC on my 90G

Check out my thread on it: Cheap Heat Issue solution

I will take you up on that offer, if you need or are looking for anything LMK maybe I can bring something in return... Ilike the way you have your fans setup. Im just tryin to see what people use. I have seen a few neat ideas online. One of the coolest is on Lucky Lou's 125 gallon. Maybe he will post picks. He has 3 large fans in his canopy that blow right on his reflectors.

No i did it myself.. all i did was take a 1.5 cubic foot fridge and tore the freezer section out.. then i drilled 2 1" holes in the top all the way through the added 90s to it. then put 2 1" peices of PVC through bout 4 inches it and took 10 feet of plastic hose and rolled it up in the fridge and the water runs through the hose back to the tank the more coils of hose the better.. keeps it at about 77 all the time lights on or off.. Important leave the temp probes in the fridge.. or it will freeze..