Super Skimmer

mhart032

Is anyone else here using a Super skimmer 125? i just started using one and OMG the micro bubbles are driving me nuts. this thing makes more micro bubbles that i have ever seen. i have used the Super Skimmer 65 from day 1 and it doesnt do this.. anyone have the same problem or does anyone have a remedy? other than a bubble trap? as i dont even thing a bubble trap would fix this...

Is anyone else here using a Super skimmer 125? i just started using one and OMG the micro bubbles are driving me nuts. this thing makes more micro bubbles that i have ever seen. i have used the Super Skimmer 65 from day 1 and it doesnt do this.. anyone have the same problem or does anyone have a remedy? other than a bubble trap? as i dont even thing a bubble trap would fix this...

Are you using this in a sump? I'm no veteran, but I understand the return pump should be far away from the output on the skimmer within the sump. Or if you cant seperate them, place a piece of foam between the two. Again, I'm no expert on the subject. You may also take a look at your hoses, make sure your not getting any turbulance anywhere. Or have any air leaks.

Edited by Obiji

Well woke up this morning and no bubbles and really really dark skim mate looks nasty not very much of it but nice color looks like someone used it for a spit cup haha but seems to be better looks like the mods do work. just needed time to settle in.. im fairly happy with the results..

The germans will find you and make you admit that there is no better equipment than the stuff from the fatherland. If your getting nasty skimate run with it. I had a superskimmer and it was super hard to dial in. if you don't have an ato I would urge you to get that right away. once you dial in your skimmer you will have way better results with a constant water level in the sump.

i have seen those super skimmers work very very well.just takes time to get them how you want them and most dont have the patience.one trick i found is that the red knob is very very sensitive and even bumping it sometimes messes it up.you can get the bell off of a piece of pvc pipe that has the coupling built on.i am not sure what size but 1 or 1 1/4 inch i think.if you cut that bell and a couple of inches of pipe you can place the bell over the red knob and it will protect it from getting touched.the bes thing i found was constant water level with ato and set the skimmer and dont touch it again.the biggest problem i have seen is the fact that skimmers dont always skim exactly the same.it depends what is in the water.alot of people set the skimmer right then the next day there may not be anything to skim so the readjust.then they are always messing with it.

Anyone use a Precision Marine venturi series skimmer? i may be buying one tomorrow, just thought i would get some ideas on what i can expect from this skimmer.. the reviews are very limited as far as their isnt very many.. i know Precision Marine makes good products

Matt dont waste your money! Im guessing it around $100 for the PM? Just use the CSS125 until you can save alittle more cash and buy a euro reef, vertex, or MSX! I promise you will not regret the little extra cash you put towards it. You can pick up a used one for around $120-$180. JMO

Later

Dustin