I WANT FREE STUFF!!!

dustint21

If you have anything you dont want LMK I will take it!!! I figure I would post one of these to since Ive seen so many thread of people begging for free stuff! I work my A$$ off to get what I have and I dont think its right for someone to beg for stuff! I have really kept quite about this for awhile, and its eating me up! Am I the only one who feels this way? Dont get me wrong I will be the first to help someone out and I will be there in sec. If one of you needs help! Im from a small town in IL, and I have never seen anything like this! I come to Austin, and on every corner there is someone holding a sign asking for money, and half of them are drinking Monsters or a Mc cafe coffee! Is the economy really that bad??? Sorry I just needed to vent......

Dustin

I also get tired of the begging. I think it should be illegal for panhandling on street corners, even if they supposedly represent a church. BTW, my wife is from a small town called Buffalo just outside of Springfield, Il.

I too get a little miffed at the posts for people who are asking for free frags. Most members on ARC are very generous and once they see you aren't a person just looking for the handout, they will usually give you some stuff to help you get your tank going. The princer7 gave me tons of stuff when I first got my 55G and the mannings continue to be generous in their cutting of frags.

We have to keep in mind that its an internet BB so people can ask/say whatever they want.

So, Does anyone have a frag of purple monster or a 220G tank that is fully setup that they'd be willing to donate? Due to my $900/mo car payment, and me shopping at Whole Foods, I can afford anything for my tank... :)

LMFAO! I completely agree! I am the same way! Im willing to help or even give someone something so long as its not begged for!!Oh reef pug what the heck do you drive? LMAO!!!

I used to be a financial advisor and I had to work to not laugh when people would want help b/c "We just bought a house and we HAD to spend $15K @ Home Depot getting new appliances, new carpet, new tile, new fixtures, painting, adding an outdoor kitchen, etc...etc..." They thought I could wave a wand and I could make it all go away. Then they'd get mad when they'd realize they'd have to make some modifications to their livestyle if they wanted to not have the issues they had...

So no one has any free purple monster? Maybe a free calcium reactor? C'mon...I want some free stuff!

I'll be happy to have some more 401k contributions.

Anyone seen the homeless guy with the sign that says: "Road rage? Yell at a homeless guy for $.25!"? He's got a few others that are good.

I usually wont give to the guy on the corner, but every now and then when someone gets creative I'll throw out something.

I'll be happy to have some more 401k contributions.

Anyone seen the homeless guy with the sign that says: "Road rage? Yell at a homeless guy for $.25!"? He's got a few others that are good.

I usually wont give to the guy on the corner, but every now and then when someone gets creative I'll throw out something.

I think that's the same guy that has "Family killed by ninjas. Saving up for karate lessons." But my personal favorite is a girl who has only one leg and is on crutches and her sign says, "On my last leg..." So terrible, but at least she has a sense of humor.

No Dustin you are not alone on this one. I think these posts are tacky. I wish we could ban them. For the most part all I've met in this hobby are kind giving people but these posts are just rude.

aren't you going to join the club and beg for something? cool.gif

I think I originally envisioned the free section for stuff like xenia and cheato. Items that people routinely throw away, but cost good money at the store. Also, there have been some sweet post. I recall someone breaking down their tank and giving one item per person to those who wanted free stuff.

I think that's the same guy that has "Family killed by ninjas. Saving up for karate lessons." But my personal favorite is a girl who has only one leg and is on crutches and her sign says, "On my last leg..." So terrible, but at least she has a sense of humor.

Down with intimidate-a-saurus! IYKWIM

I agree the free/trade section rocks! I have gotten some stuff from it! I dont believe that its right to go post a thread asking for frags or equipment for free. If someone feels the need to give it away for free they will post in that section. Otherwise begging and "pitty me" post I feel should be deleted!

Now for the other side. If some has a tank crash and has been a contributing member and helped out others I will glady help them get there tank going again!

I too get a little miffed at the posts for people who are asking for free frags. Most members on ARC are very generous and once they see you aren't a person just looking for the handout, they will usually give you some stuff to help you get your tank going. The princer7 gave me tons of stuff when I first got my 55G and the mannings continue to be generous in their cutting of frags.

We have to keep in mind that its an internet BB so people can ask/say whatever they want.

So, Does anyone have a frag of purple monster or a 220G tank that is fully setup that they'd be willing to donate? Due to my $900/mo car payment, and me shopping at Whole Foods, I can afford anything for my tank... :(

Guess we finally figured out Pug's drink of choice:clear.gif2241334897_ecfe6856d2.jpg

A Purple Monster Drink is a mixture of vodka, Red Bull energy drink, and NyQuil. It became infamous when Britney Spears allegedly drank it along with a large number of pills in early January 2008.

I dont believe that its right to go post a thread asking for frags or equipment for free. If someone feels the need to give it away for free they will post in that section. Otherwise begging and "pitty me" post I feel should be deleted!

I don't agree that they should be deleted, as long as the Trade/Free section is not being flooded with requests. Though I do think maybe the titles should be watched (*cough* I guess this would be my job *cough*) to ensure they are clear enough to indicate the person is looking for something for free, and not giving something away. This way people can ignore the threads if they want to.

Also, the mods do try and watch the Wanted To Buy and For Sale sections to keep "wanted for free" threads out of there.

Just my $0.02.

Thats fine! Dont get me wrong here! Im not bashhing the Mods or the site! I THINK YOU ALL DO AN AWESOME JOB!!!!!! I just feel that people should have alittle personal pride...........

Didn't mean to come across that I thought you were criticizing. Was just weighing in with my opinion :)