RBTA and Electric Torch

mhart032

I have a newish nem that has founf his place in the rock, it is right next to this big piece of torch my question is will they get along in the long run? i tried moving the torch but the nem seemed to follow it i didnt move it far just a about 8 inchs away and the nem moved closer to it again.. will they harm eachother?

They probably will harm each other. Normally the anemone wins out, but torches are particularly viscous corals, so it could harm the anemone. The anemone might take some time to move around looking for the best light/water flow. I would keep the torch out of the way until it looks like the anemone has settled down.

Is this the 'nem you got from me? If so, remember that he is going to grow quite a bit so expect to leave 4" or so clear on all sides once he settles down.

At least in my tank once he found his "spot" he just did not move until I chunked a piece of rock off beneath him.

Yea its the same nem. i just worry cause he follows the torch around i moved the torch to the other side of the tank and he founf his way over their the same about 3 inches from it. why would he follow it?

You know, come to think about it, his spot was about 3" away from my torch when he was in my tank. Remember, the green one. I never worried about it cause the torch was high enough that the worst the nem could have done would be to brush his skeleton but maybe he got used to it or something.

Weird...

Weird. Maybe some type of chemical thing going on? The anemone touching the torch skeleton would not be a problem. I would be more afraid of the tentacle of both touching each other.

But then again, maybe they learn to co-habitate. My bubble tip rubs up against some zoas, and they don't seem bothered.