Generatorx's BC29 Thread

generatorx

I love tank threads. I have been updating one over at nano-reef.com but I decided to show my city's board a little love since it seems I am on this board more often these days. My tank is currently 5 weeks old and I have been in the hobby 5 weeks. haha. I have been doing freshwater for about 5 years so I finally grew some balls and made the drive. It is has been lots of fun so far .... way better that fresh water (though fresh water still holds a place in my heart). So here is what I have so far:

BC29:

chamber 1 - removed floor - heater

chamber 2 - Cut notch in wall divider. Tunze 9002 and Steve T Media basket with filter floss on top and Chemi pure elite in the middle.

chamber 3 - Stock pump and an auto top off from autotopoff.com

Lights - Nanotuners 3.36 light upgrade with upgraded fans and moonlight upgrade (2x 50/50 - 1 actinic )

In tank - Korilla 1 - 25lbs of live rock (epic reef .. great stuff) - 20lbs live sand

Live stock: 2 hermits, 2 snails, 2 clowns, 1 emerald, 1 pepperment shrip,

coral: watermelon zoas(thanks vwmike), purple and oragne zoas(vwmike), hammer (thanks austinaquaman) , and GSP(came on my rock)

My water temp is 79 night and 82 during the day. It is hard keeping it cool with the 3x36w and it being 105 outside.

post-367-12490825264681_thumb.jpg

post-367-12490825756543_thumb.jpg

post-367-12490825458416_thumb.jpg

Only been in doing saltwater for 5 weeks, yet you joined here 2 years ago? Someone has had a long time lurking/preparing :blink:

I really like the openness of the rock layout. It has some great potential for different coral placements.

Nice to see em adding some color to your tank. Looks like the zoas are opening up nicely for you! It's probably because they were right next to some of austinaquaman's hammers in my tank. :(

Not sure if those are technically watermelons (I bought them unidentified), but I'm sure others on here will let you know the correct nomenclature if that is incorrect.

Not sure if those are technically watermelons (I bought them unidentified), but I'm sure others on here will let you know the correct nomenclature if that is incorrect.

That color beats out any watermelon zoa I know!! Looks more like a Ked Redd??....me like....

That color beats out any watermelon zoa I know!! Looks more like a Ked Redd??....me like....

Threadjack :)

Here are two pics of them in my tank to maybe help identify them:

gallery_884_124_61199.jpg

gallery_884_124_14776.jpg

Wow, his pics look SOOOO much better than mine. :)

I second the kudos on the rock work. My GF was looking over my shoulder while i was checking out this thread and mentioned it right away.

Did you kudos cause you liked the rock? Or cause your GF liked the rock? biggrin.gif