looking for xenia

Christian

I've been using a floating breeder as a kind of little frag tank. just cover the bottom with small pieces of rubble and the shroom/xenia will attach itself after a few days. It doesn't blow away cause there is no current. I've had this work with xenia, mushrooms and zoos so far. I just make sure I replace my carbon prior to a frag session. I've only had a couple of issues with cutting into coral with this setup and both should have been expected.

Do make sure to actually frag in a seperate water source. I usually just frag on water change day and save my siphoned water. Do the cuts in one bowl and keep about 3G of water in a bucket to let it sit for 10 minutes before putting back in the tank.

In my old tank I used to just go after it with a knife and give it away in ziploc bags. I gave away tons of it, but it got to the point where no one in my club wanted anymore. :) I was super careful at first and then I realised I couldn't kill this stuff anyway so I just used the paring knife and did my best to scrape off the leftovers.

Archived