New 6 line wrasse MIA

mhart032

I bought a 6 line wrasse yesterday. and i looked around the tank this morning and i cant find him.. (LiLs i know how it feels now) do you think its possible my Japanese pistol ate him? i have looked everywhere behind the tank. in the over flow hes no where to be found.. is this at all possible?

he was about 2 1/2 inches.. not to small. i got the biggest one i could find. he mite still be hiding but i have looked. i guess time will tell. if i cant find him in gonna say the pistol ate him and this pistol will be gone. im tired of him eatting everything..

Hey Matt,

Check your overflow. That's where ours went. A couple of days after we found him in the over flow (and couldn't get out) he got bored and decided to dive out of the tank all together. Needless to say, he was dried out by the time we found 'em the next morning.

I took the canape off this morning and shined a flashlight into the overflow and didnt see him. i have checked the whole tank checked aropund the back of the tank. theirs no way he could get into the down pipe on the overflow it has a grate light peice on it. i believe the pistol ate him. makes me mad. im going to wait till after the weekend if no wrasse the pistol is going to the LFS. will the goby go crazy if i take the pistol out? i know shes very protective over this shrimp. and im kinda wondering if she will be like a mother that lost her baby or something..

I took the canape off this morning and shined a flashlight into the overflow and didnt see him. i have checked the whole tank checked aropund the back of the tank. theirs no way he could get into the down pipe on the overflow it has a grate light peice on it. i believe the pistol ate him. makes me mad. im going to wait till after the weekend if no wrasse the pistol is going to the LFS. will the goby go crazy if i take the pistol out? i know shes very protective over this shrimp. and im kinda wondering if she will be like a mother that lost her baby or something..

i feel your pain! do u have a cover for ur tank? i heard they can jump out...

id be interested in that pistol maybe... i just dont know if it would affect my tank cause my pink spotted and diamond goby are getting along right now, if i added a shrimp would pink get very aggresive?

I dont think anyone would want this guy. hes very aggressive hes a Japanese Pistol and from what i have read they are very aggressive they were compaired to a mantis shrimp. this guys is trouble! first night i had him he took out and emerald crab, then 3 hermits then i bought some peppermint shrimp from barterer and he killed them in a day or 2. i think he may have killed a couple margarita snails. and now possibly a wrasse.. hes not a very likable guy around the tank i wouldnt amagin. i love how bright red he is special after he molts when he molts he has dark purple pinchers and pistol and a bright deep red body. but hes a killer!

i would have to say good choice.. i dont know if i would give him to anyone just because i know how bad he is. if you was a bad a** pistol shrimp then hes perfect... but if you want to keep things in the tank not good idea..

Still no wrasse :angry: its not looking good for the pistol. i hate to get rid of him cause he is cool but at the same time i cant keep anything in the tank abut the same size or smaller. im still wondering if the goby should go with him as they are paired i dont want to lose her but i dont want her to get stressed out cause she cant find the shrimp either. i have done tons of searching and have come up empty..