Vodka dosing

mhart032

ive been doing vsv for a while now. ive seen color and growth.ive heard that vsv is a little more risky than vodka. just make sure if you do either that you follow dosing instructions to a T. ive been using the glassbox method and its been working out well.

Nice. good info thats exactly what i was looking for.. i think im going to give this a try.. ill post my results and doseages on a blog.. and take pics week by weel to see if their is significant results.. barderer is doseing vodka he kinda gave me the run down his tank in crystal clear and his corals are fantastic looking..

I'll throw in my $.02 since that's the point of the club.

I looked at Vodka and decided not too as there was too many variables to go wrong. Yes its cheap, which is a not a good thing to me, so I opted to go with a similar type system that was proven, the kinks worked out, and it was easy to deploy.

thats right. wasnt bruce at Tek doseing that for a wile? dunno if they still do. i am doseing reef roids from polyp

He still does. Swears by it. We were talking the other day and he was joking that people will spend hundreds on buckets of salt trying to get their tank params perfect, but they won't spend $200 to have the "fix" in a bottle.

He says says he laughs whenever he hears "Vodka"

Its $200 @ LFS, $170 online. Lasts 8 months in a 100 G tank. I'll drop $225ish/yr to have great growth and great color.

welp i slept on it and have thought about it pretty hard and im going to give this Vodka doseing a try.. i have seen the results of it and if i can get results like that from a $15 bottle of vodka its worth a shot. i have seen the results of doseing vodka and they are good very good from what i saw. i dont have much to kill if it all goes south its not like my sps are doing great right now anyway lol, and if it does welp gives me a good reason to go on a coral shopping spree.

I vote for the ZEOvit system. When my all the paramaters are inline my corals look superb. And the overall cost isnt' too expensive either. One thing the ZEOvit system has is zeolith rocks that remove NH3 and NH4 they also produce "mulum" which feeds the corals. This is a nice extra step the polyplab system does not offer and makes a big difference IMO. The only downside to the ZEOvit system is daily dosing of the Zeostart2.

Andrew, :)

Could you give us a synopsis on what Vodka Dosing is and how it works? How much to you put in the tank?

Shaken or Stirred??? J/K.

Seriously, it sounds interesting but some guidelines might let us know if you find it worth it? You have some cool/wild stuff you try like encapsulating Brine Shrimp in Bleach!!!!