Spiny Blue Lobster

LiLS

Purple lobsters are a much better and safer bet. Blue spiny lobsters are rumored to be reef safe HOWEVER they tend to get very large and with this size comes a very real danger of everything being knocked over or uprooted.

hmm on liveaquaria, i read on both the lobsters and they made it seem like the blue one was safe/more peaceful then the purple one lol...

i guess this guy will jsut be a temporary but man he looks awesome colorwise

Well I've had my purple lobster for 4 years now and it is only 3". I cannot say for sure how aggressive it might be, but I can say that I've never seen it attack anything. About 8 months ago I put 12 peppermint shrimp into the tank and I'm down to 3. That could be from any number of reasons. The lobster may be picking them off but I doubt it. Probably picks away at them when they pass on. For 2 years I kept 3 saron shrimp in the tank with it until I had a problem with ozone. In fact the purple lobster was the only thing to live through an entire tank meltdown. My hermit crabs have been more hostile that the lobster.

Well I've had my purple lobster for 4 years now and it is only 3". I cannot say for sure how aggressive it might be, but I can say that I've never seen it attack anything. About 8 months ago I put 12 peppermint shrimp into the tank and I'm down to 3. That could be from any number of reasons. The lobster may be picking them off but I doubt it. Probably picks away at them when they pass on. For 2 years I kept 3 saron shrimp in the tank with it until I had a problem with ozone. In fact the purple lobster was the only thing to live through an entire tank meltdown. My hermit crabs have been more hostile that the lobster.

he hasnt really done antything, hes sat behind this rock the entire day, he sits right next to my cleanershrimp and fire shrimp...

im wonderin if he mgiht mess with my gobys..goby is like 4-5 inch...the lobster is pretty smalll

hmm i bought 2 peppermnt shrimp to eat my aptasia and after a day i never saw them again